evolution martial arts
Head Instructor Joel Ledlow has returned to his native Oklahoma after 15 years and has brought with him Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune Do. Through his teacher, Jerry Poteet, Joel is able to share for the first time in Oklahoma City what Bruce Lee taught his students. Sifu Jerry Poteet trained at the Chinatown school in Los Angels and was part of an exclusive "closed door" group of five selected to train additionally at Bruce's house. It is from Jerry Poteet's dedication to perserve what he was taught by Bruce that Joel is now able to offer this unique and dynamic art as it was meant to be. Classes (ages 16+) offered only at Lighthouse Sports, Health and Fitness.
Kids Program (ages 5-10) and Juniors Program (ages 10-15)
Joel teaches Kung Fu, which helps to develop your children (ages 5 - 15) physically, mentally and spiritually. Classes are designed to increase overall physical health, improve focus and self-discipline, and greater self-confidence and integrity. The exercises are structured to keep your child safe in an environment that is fun and rewarding. Children taking Kung Fu are healthier, do better in school and are more respectful.
ONE WEEK FREE TRAIL
For more information you can call Joel at (405) 973-8249 or visit EvolutionMartialArtsOKC.com
Weight lifting in water - Unequaled versatility for Total Body Conditioning
What Hydrotone will do for you:
- tones and shapes all areas of the body
- increases cardiovascular endurance
- builds explosive athletic power quickly
- burns calories fast
- increases flexibility
- builds neuro-motor and neuro-muscular coordination
- therapeutic to the joints
- reduces workout time by 70%
- accommodates all strength levels
- great for rehab – including knee and hip replacements
Hydrotone is fun and easy. It’s the perfect addition to any athletic training program. Expect important results in just weeks with proper use. Click here to see available Hydro-tone classes.
The Lighthouse has year round swim lessons that are unmatched anywhere else. All of our classes are instructed by qualified instructors and class sizes are kept small to provide quality instruction time. We have a varied class schedule so you will want to click on the schedule tab below to see the latest schedule.
Our description of swim levels is as follows:
- Beginner 1: For children 3 years and up. This is an introduction class to swimming. Children will learn how to float on their backs, go underwater, learn the “swimming” arms and kicks, and more. This class is designed to build your child’s confidence and give them the basic fundamental skills they will need to swim.
- Beginner 2: For children 5 years and up. In Beginner 2 children already know the basic skills and are ready to learn how to swim on their own. In this class swimmers will be taught how to swim freestyle along with building stamina. Once a swimmer can swim 5-10 yards freestyle along with breathing to the side, they are ready for Intermediate 1.
- Intermediate 1: In this level the main emphasis is to build stamina and learn the elementary backstroke along with reviewing safety rules and skills learned in previous levels. Once completed the child may move on to Intermediate 2.
- Intermediate 2: This level is for the swimmer who can swim freestyle and backstroke and is ready to learn more advanced skills. The focus of this level is breaststroke, treading water, building stamina, and should be able to swim 25 yards both freestyle and backstroke before moving on to Advanced.
- Advanced: In this level students gain the stamina to kick 50 yards of freestyle, back stroke, breast stroke, and dolphin. The child will learn how to swim the side stoke and butterfly, along with learning how to do flip-turns and flag count for backstroke. Students will work on starts and dives.
Private lessons are also available at the Lighthouse. For more information on private lessons please call Pacific Blue at 503-5522.
Click here for current Swim Lesson Schedule
Is your baby a water baby? If so, then join our water babies class! Water babies is a great class designed to introduce your baby to the water. The only things needed are your baby, (must be between 3 months and 3 years), yourself, and 2 waterproof diapers!
The class is held in the calming environment of our warm water pool. It is a fantastic swim lesson designed for just babies. In this class, parents will learn the importance of “cueing” and children will start to develop the most important skills of swimming. These skills will be very important in the transition into group or private lessons when the child reaches the age of 3.
Class Times: Fridays and Saturdays at 11:00 am
For further questions, please contact our front desk or call 751-3344